Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sakura



Popcorn poppin ain't got nothin on this: Cherry trees in full bloom -- the blossoms here are called sakura -- and this week kagawa is full to bursting with them.

these are pictures I took at Ritsurin Park, the central park-ish type park in Takamatsu. The Japanese are out in droves to hang out, eat and enjoy the cherry blossom season -- I set up my oil paints, etc. and was about four brush strokes in before I was surrounded by Japanese people asking me if I am American, if I like Japan, what I'm doing here, and giving me food so forcefully that a bag of mixed nuts ended up covered in paint...I ended up abandoning my stuff and eating lunch with a group of 10+ happy accountants, who offered me more sushi/sashimi than I could possibly eat -- and boy, if I hadn't eaten it before yesterday, well, I've eaten it now... one word: jellyfish. Yeah. That's what I thought. This place is kickin.

3 Comments:

At April 08, 2006 2:00 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

made you look.

 
At April 09, 2006 11:34 PM, Blogger editorgirl said...

so mean.

*sniffs and takes comment elsewhere*

 
At April 10, 2006 12:17 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

bwahahahaha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home