Thursday, March 23, 2006

Camping Trip

Home, home on the range...

This weekend I went camping with my fellow ESL teachers and a Gem School franchise owner, Toshi, her daughter, Mao, and friends, Mina and Caroline.
A couple ESL teachers mentioned to Toshi one day that it would be fun to go camping around here -- there are a lot of beautiful mountains and most of us haven't been out to renew our transcendental nature-loving sides for a while -- so Toshi immediately hooked us up with a camping trip -- Japan style: which means we drove about 40 minutes to Mannao Park and stayed in a beautiful cabin. It's actually nicer than my apartment. We hiked around the park and then Toshi taught us how to make our own sushi -- the picture above is my very own tuna wrap. It was seriously good. Happy Sumo pales in comparison...
The next day we went to a huge park, where we snapped this pic in front of the waterfall, which was a memorial for a city, I think. Some things are definitely lost in translation.
I tried to post more pics, but the computer said no. I will try again soon, and as per Dem's request, promise to post more often.
Peace out.

1 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 7:10 AM, Blogger booboo said...

I agree that that cabin was way better than our apartment. What's up with that. You made a delicious wrap. I want to eat it all up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home