Thursday, February 02, 2006

Holy Shrimp!

You guys! Guess what? Okay, you'll never guess what happened today, so I'll just tell you:

I have an adult class every Thursday night from 7:40 to 8:30, that's purely a conversational class -- all we do is talk the whole time about everything from politics to favorite foods.

So today one of my students (I use the term loosely, because he's like 45-50 years old) came into the class holding a big styrofoam box, and so naturally, I asked him what it was. He opened the box and showed me a case of shrimp! He said that he bought them for work. And I'm thinking to myself, okay, that's pretty random...but whatever -- and I just started the class and everything went as usual until the end of the class, when HE GAVE ME THE CASE OF SHRIMP! The whole thing! I tried saying no, but he pushed the case of shrimp (did I mention that it is a CASE of shrimp) into my hands! (!!!) I am so giddy! A case! I came out of the class room after the students had all left and showed off my new gift to all the office staff -- Meme, and Shino are my friends, I'll tell you all about them later -- but they explained to me that the guy actually works with shrimp -- I don't know if it's like a shrimp packing plant or a fishery or what, but that's what he does, and that he brought the shrimp from work, not he bought them for work....as I had thought.
Anyway, I will now be feasting on shrimp.
Every day.
All y'all can just be jealous that nobody ever gave you a case of shrimp.

5 Comments:

At February 02, 2006 12:09 PM, Blogger Nick and Marissalas said...

We're totally jealous - mmmm, shrimp . . . mmm, seafood in general . . .

!!!

 
At February 02, 2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Cams said...

I hate shrimp

 
At February 09, 2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Demaree!!! I'm so glad you found my blog.

I was wondering about the gift thing -- I'm so glad that you filled me in on that...I'll have to think of something.

Well, I'm off to teach some English classes in Takamatsu, which is an hour and a half away from here, so I better hit the road!

Kristen

 
At February 15, 2006 1:07 AM, Blogger editorgirl said...

It has now been thirteen days since this post. Don't make me come over there, young lady.

Oh, and your issue is done.

 
At February 15, 2006 8:27 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Yay!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home