Friday, February 17, 2006

Karate Kid in Kyoto

Kyoto! Last weekend, my roommate, Amberlyn, another teacher named Candace and I all took a ferry from Takamatsu to the big island and spent three days in beautiful Kyoto...

This is Kinkakuji: the golden temple, for er, obvious reasons. This is a picture that Amberlyn took -- she's a great photog, but really, when the subject is this good, it's hard to mess up... Then we have Kristen and Amberlyn revisit Karate Kid near the river...both of us nearly achieved nirvana whilst balancing for the picture

This is Gion, where geisha can sometimes be spotted...Amberlyn and Candace had high hopes, as Memoirs is one of their favorite movies, but no dice... instead we: Bought our own Kimonos and pretended to be, uh, Americans in kimonos...

This is the bamboo forest -- definitely one of the coolest places I've been. Sorry again, that it's taken me so long to post! I was waiting on these super-cool pictures....I'm off to eat shrimp!

Smell you later.

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 11:39 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Why, thank you, I:m so flattered. You have excellent taste in blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home