Thursday, January 26, 2006

Japan! Oy!

I made it to Japan. And first off, let me say that I'm sorry that it took me so long to post! I took me weeks to find a) a computer with internet and b) a the _underscore (cuz I need it to sign in) on the Japanese keyboard and c) when I finally found those two things, the website came up in Japanese... I actually wrote a whole post and took a stab at posting it to the internet, but I hit the wrong button and ended up deleting it. Whew!
But, I am here and I am alive. The great and fun job is, well, medium-great. It's an adjustment. I live in a city called Kanonji, pronounced Cow ahn jee, and drive to a different city almost every day. Kanonji city is about the size of Springville...well, at least the main area of Kanonji -- there are several areas spread out that are supposedly "part" of Kanonji, but have different names.
I live in a little apartment with the head teacher, Amberlyn. It's a 5 minute walk away from the train station and the main Gem School office. After living there for only a week, we had a heater installed in my room. We are waiting on hot water and a phone, but every day looks promising.
Last week I went to South Korea to finish getting my visa taken care of -- it was awesome. By no mistake (read: completely by chance) I stayed at a hotel in the fashion district, and had a good time shopping, visiting N Seoul Tower, and several of the imperial-type palaces.
Time to go teach classes..
Now that I've figured out the computers, there will be more to come soon!

Kristen

3 Comments:

At January 26, 2006 9:26 PM, Blogger Cams said...

Yeah for Japan! I am so glad to hear that you actually made it, I was starting to wonder. People keep asking me if I have heard from you, and now at least I can tell them that you made it there. So exciting....shopping!

 
At January 27, 2006 12:22 AM, Blogger editorgirl said...

Yay for you being alive! And surviving! And shopping!

You'd better be writing too, or I'm coming over there and making you.

Love you. From all the way across the ocean.

 
At January 28, 2006 1:23 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Yep, still alive and writing. Although, I am working a ton.

I:m planning a trip to Kyoto soon, and will fill you all in on the details soon.

Love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home