Sunday, January 15, 2006

Up up and away!


This is my first official post since leaving the United States...I'm on my way to Osaka right now, via Korea, which is officially the longest flight ever invented. And, as I'm flying Korean Air, which is a Delta partner -- you know it would be nice if they would tell you that when you book the tickets -- I seriously spent a good five minutes looking for my connecting flight this morning and finally had to ask someone where the flight to Korea was -- anyway, as this is a flight on Korean Air, I am eating what I think is pseudo-Korean food, starting with Sea Weed Soup. Yep. No typo there, folks. It's an intricate soup made of the perfect balance of hot water and sea weed (read: dehydrated sea weed chunks reconstituted in water.) So imagine that you're on a beach -- you know that taste you get in your mouth when you're in the ocean and a larger-than-expected wave comes along and makes you eat it? Yeah, that's the taste.
And that wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't gotten completely air sick on the previous flight. I had my first encounter with one of those little barf bags this morning...which was so embarrassing. With less than five minutes left in the flight I let loose the banana and coke breakfast that I had been clinging to. What's funny about the whole situation is: when I was done barfing, the flight was over, and I ended up just carrying the bag of puke off the plane with my carry-on luggage. Doggy bag style.
Tasty.

1 Comments:

At January 28, 2006 10:12 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

no -- luckily, there was a garbage pretty close to the off ramp thingy, so I just chucked it there...but that would have been funny...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home