Saturday, January 28, 2006

Okonomiyaki

Yeah, that's what I ate last night -- and it was so freakin' good. Two of the other English teachers invited me to go out to eat with them, so ... Okonomiyaki it was! The little yellow Japanenglish dictionary says that it's a savory pancake, but I would say that it's more of, well, it's eggier than a pancake -- it's eggs and flour and secret Japanese ingredients and then you put green onions and cheese and kimchi or whatever else you want in it, and cook it on like a griddle in the middle of the table. So cool. Then, just to top the night off, we watched anime shorts on my roommate's computer -- I'm not normally a huge fan of anime, but there were some pretty cool shorts -- one that I liked in particular had the Monty Python Holy Grail words dubbed over it -- hehehe.

2 Comments:

At January 29, 2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Cams said...

I still can't believe you are in Japan. You are so freaking adventurous! You go Girl

 
At January 30, 2006 9:48 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I am in Japan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home