Monday, January 30, 2006

Pictures!

Today was my first real day off in Japan -- since last weekend I was in Korea -- so last night Amberly (my roommate) and I slept over at Kira and Jessica's (other Gem School teachers) apartment in Marugame, a city about an hour away from Kanonji, where I live. Marugame is pretty awesome -- it's a lot bigger than Kanonji, and is where our branch is located (I also went to church yesterday for the first time since I've been here -- the English teachers (all 12 of us) make up about 35% of the branch)


So today we decided to visit (drum rolllllll please)

Nakatsu-Bansho Park!















(Historical aside: The second feudal lord of Margame Castle (haven't been there yet, but will go soon) built this park in 1688. The pond at the center of the park is supposed to resemble Lake Biwa, and the islands in the center have cool names like, "Moon," and "Snow.")


The landscaping of the park was such that it seemed that from any point in the park, I could look in any direction and the view seemed perfectly composed or constructed. About every 30 feet there was another photo op. And so...since I'm on an American computer I can share some super-cool pictures with you!

Stay tuned, you guys, this place is a freakin riot.

1 Comments:

At February 02, 2006 8:15 PM, Blogger Cams said...

Wow I like those trees a lot, but then again I like trees, but Japanese trees, you don't see those everyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home