Friday, July 14, 2006

emotional b(l)ender




I guess you could say that I'm getting ready to come home -- if by getting ready to come home, you actually mean, thinking about it more and more and wondering what I'll miss when I'm there. Wondering what I should be doing about it. Wondering about people I will never see again and whether or not it's worth it to try to stay in contact with particular people, etc.
I spent the morning at a "recording session" for PEnglish -- my boss's latest and greatest project. Today we were on location at Ichinomiya beach, which I've been told is the prettiest in Kagawa -- I believe them, in the morning and at night. My evenings there have been full of fog and watery air. This morning was all heat and splendor, waves so calm I chuckled at the plight of a lone boogie-boarder. Maybe he just needed a floatation device. Did you know that crabs crawl sideways? At least the little ones there did. They're the beach combers that hide in holes until all is quiet, then scuttle to the next hideout wave of sand again and again. I am sunburnt. And my boss had the audacity to smack the back of my neck right where it was burnt. Luckily for her, I had been aloeing regularly.
In case anyone was wondering, it is hot here, with a fury and humidity unlike others I've known. Friends (american) of mine claim to thrive on it, but they're lying.
Tomorrow I'm headed off to Osaka to catch my favorite band do their thing. The show isn't sold out, which makes me wonder about Japanese people in general. How can they not know that coldplay is so great? The cultural divide expands. I'll be back with pictures of the show/Osaka on probably Tuesday. Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home