Thursday, June 29, 2006

because it's high time for another post

I realized today that for all the pictures I post, I keep this little blog of mine relatively impersonal...much of my personality flatlines between the pictures and the emotionally exhausted state I find myself in 90% of the time (100% of my blogging time is during that 90%). I try to strike this cool balance and ending up dilluted (and inarticulate?). Who knows.
Which brings me to another point -- audience. I know my father reads this blog, and therefore, it must remain family-rated (not that I have many overthetop escapades or thoughts to share.) But that's it: I can't strike out of the roles I have set for myself in different relationships in this forum. Or maybe I can.
Rambling yet?
Yes.
Here, in an effort to show some blogular personality, are some things:

I can belch on command (a talent that's currently being exploited to teach English to Japanese youngsters)
I adore living near the ocean, but am (and always have been) afraid of swimming out very far/drowning in the ocean.
The last book I read was The Devil Wears Prada. I liked it.
I am always quiet around my extended family because I never know what to say: but when I'm with other people (that I'm not afraid of) I'm rather chatty.
I brace for impact when people read my poetry.
I am calling in sick tomorrow to go to Yamaguchi-ken with my roommate. I feel slightly guilty.
I generally go too far to save relationships. Maybe I'm manipulated easily. I have still lost too many people. This terrifies me.
I play my music so loud that I know my neighbors can hear it but are too polite to say anything about it.
I like Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll. (Fatal attraction to cuteness).
I miss my dog, Skipper.

That should do it for today.

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2006 2:07 AM, Blogger editorgirl said...

I just read The Devil Wears Prada too! And I'd recommend Weisenberg's second novel, Everyone Worth Knowing, except, oh, it's the same book. Much better ending though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home