Sunday, June 04, 2006

Crayon sensei

As new teachers come and old teachers go, the teaching schedules change, and as luck would have it, this was my last week teaching some great kids in Kokubunji, Takamatsu and Yashima. The first picture is of Cindy, a shy 8-year-old who loves to draw and wears hot pink tennis shoes. Seeing her come out of her shell (slowly, slowly) has been amazing. Me and my teenagers at Kokubunji -- Saffarine, Sasha and Shelby. I will really miss hearing about their lives and teasing them about the boys at school. More of my kids -- they each have chosen an 'American' name to go by in class. From left to right we have Tracy, Margaret, Chelsea, Jennifer, Natalie and Fred.
More little darlings. The boy on the right, Tiger, is a real character I am going to miss. A lot of the kids have a little bit of a hard time with my name --I pretty much answer to anything from "Question" to "Crayon" and anything inbetween. In fact, one day when I asked them what my name was, as is my tradition, I held up a crayon and then pointed to myself and said, "Noooo. I'm not a crayon. My name is Kristen!" Doomed. They now call me Crayon sensei.
Christina
Matthew

Aren't they great? My heart is all gooey for them.

3 Comments:

At June 04, 2006 4:59 PM, Blogger booboo said...

I don't know Kristen. I might have some kids that rival yours!! But they are cuties. It will be hard to leave mine when the time comes. YOu look hot, by the way, in the picture with Fred. Ow, Ow!!

 
At June 04, 2006 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you and your little students are darling. I miss you and can't wait to see you in Hawaii

 
At June 05, 2006 3:02 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Yay! Me too!

kb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home